Sunday Liturgical Ministries
Members of Grace Church serve in multiple ministries that support our Sunday worship. These include:
- Lectors, who read the Old Testament and New Testament readings.
- Intercessor, who leads the congregation in the Prayers of the People.
- Chalice bearers, who distribute wine during Holy Communion.
- Crucifers, who light the altar candles, carry the processional cross and provide other help to the priest during the service.
- Altar Guild, who set up the altar for worship and clean up after the service.
- Flower Guild, who arrange for Sunday altar flowers either through flower donations from parishioners or purchase of flowers thanks to financial contributions from parishioners.
- Torch bearers, youth of the parish who carry processional candles during worship, accompanying the crucifer.
- Ushers, who greet and welcome people as they arrive, distributing service bulletins and escorting them to pews.
- Greeters, who greet people when they arrive at church for the 10 a.m. service.
- Servers, who help out with coffee hour following worship.
- Lay Eucharistic Visitors: LEV’s are members of Grace Church who are tasked with bringing communion to our home-bound parishioners once a month.